What is KYBELLA?
KYBELLA® is a prescription medicine used in adults to improve the appearance and profile of moderate to severe fat below the chin (submental fat), also called “double chin.”
How Does KYBELLA (Deoxycholic Acid) Injection 10 mg/mL Work?
When injected into the fat beneath the chin, KYBELLA permanently destroys fat cells. Your body’s natural metabolism then processes the fat cleared from the treatment area. Once the fat cells are gone, you’re left with a noticeable reduction in fullness under the chin. The active ingredient in KYBELLA® is synthetic deoxycholic acid. Deoxycholic acid is a naturally occurring molecule in the body that helps break down fat.
Is KYBELLA safe?
KYBELLA has been the part of of a golbal clinical development program involving over 20 clinical studies with more than 1600 patients who were treated with KYBELLA. 79% of patients were satisfied after receiving this treatment. KYBELLA was approved by the FDA on April 29th, 2015.
Tailored* To Your Unique Chin Profile
You and your healthcare specialists will tailor* a series of treatments for you based on:
- How much fat is beneath your chin
- Your aesthetic goals
*Multiple injections under the chin per treatment; up to 6 treatments at least 1 month apart.
What You Can Expect
- An office staff member may take your photo to track your results over time.
- Your healthcare specialist may use cold packs or local anesthesia to help make you more comfortable.
- Although you may be excited to see results right away, it’s important to be patient. Allow your body time to process the fat cleared from the treatment area after each visit.
- Schedule your next appointment before you leave the office.